Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Coming out of the Closet

I have a confession to make.
In my color photo class a couple semesters back my professor said DONT DO SUNSETS. Everyone does them, they are super over done.
So everytime there was a beautiful sunset (pretty much every night over the great salt lake!), I would scoff and tell the voice in my head, com'on, you've got to be original and sunsets aren't the way.
Well, Im fighting against it no more, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the pre-dark light, dusk is my favorite. Its those brilliant colors that get to me.
So, without further ado, I will join the ranks of the un-original and shoot all the lovely sunsets I want.

about 530

around 6

six thirty ish

six thirty ish....

2 comments:

Big_Beef said...

i think even though sunsets are over done you can never get enough of them. Plus as long as you are getting different background with the sunset it is different and looks great. I think you did a great job in those photos keep up the good work

Kristin B. Smith said...

thanks for the advice jon!